Paint Process and Body Technician
We are currently seeking a Paint Process and Body Technician with experience in automotive restoration and customization. This position requires an experienced professional with a comprehensive experience in paint processes and will be responsible for developing optimal paint quality and sealer processes. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
We firmly believe that our success is a direct reflection of our talented Operations Team. If you consider yourself to be an outgoing, self – motivated individual with a customer-focused attitude and work ethic, Velocity Restorations is the right team for you.
ABOUT OUR VELOCITY
Originally heralded as a leading specialty shop for Classic Ford Broncos the team has won awards from PPG Dream Machine, GoodGuys, and most notably, the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA). Velocity has also been recognized for a diverse range of customizations including a signature ’79 International Harvester Scout featured on FYI Network’s Ultimate Rides.
Despite the accolades, Velocity remains a team-oriented company that embraces a dynamic of family values. That collaborative environment is central for their rebranding.
About Your Role
- Proficient in high level quality paint filler, blocking filler and primer application.
- Paint-repair processing actions producing quality jobs that meet customer, company, vehicle, and industry standards.
- Error-free paint-repair processes requiring minimum rework and examination of work upon intake and completion to meet quality standards.
- Efficient pain-repair processing or best use of people, equipment, materials and building spaces.
- Experience in straightening and sharpening of panels along with accurately gaping body panels.
- Experience in Gap work, applies seam sealer, and applies corrosion inhibitors.
- Understanding of masking process to protect adjacent panels of overspray.
- Proficient in Strips, primes, blocks, and prepares new automobile unibodies for final finish using the highest quality finishing materials and the latest equipment and technology.
- Efficient and cost-effective manner when using all materials to maintain company standards.
- Assisting other technicians in the completion of their prepping procedures when needed to keep the line moving and meet deadlines
- Assisting painting team with everyday duties including lifting, preparing, sanding, taping, masking & cleaning of vehicles prior to being moved into the booth.
- Duties may include priming, sealing, jamming of replacement parts, all while maintaining an acceptable cost per labor hour
- Make recommendations for upgrades to set the Velocity standard to the shop manager.
- Fulfill all paint preparation processes for vehicles according to work order
- Maintain a clean, safe, and efficiently organized workstation.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ or previous experience in automotive industry environment, customer service, or other related fields
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working independently.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation to and from work daily.
- Adhere to all health regulations and utilize all safety equipment.
- Ability to work 7am-6pm Monday-Friday.
- Ability to work possible Fridays with depending on company workload.
- Mandatory drug screening is required
- Must have own tools
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Returns any unused inventory to storage and enters and keeps track of allotted vehicles to stay on schedule to meet deadlines.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
- Pay is commensurate with experience.
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Fast Paced Friendly Team Environment
- Health/Dental/Vision after 60 days
- 401k plan after 1 year
- Paid Time Off
- Weekly Pay