1966 International Scout 800
If you’re into restorations that keep it original… this ain’t it!
Classic looks might be the only thing that reminds you this Scout 800 is anything but a modern-day beast. What first catches your eye is the impeccable Nardo Gray GLASURIT Custom paint with mysteriously deep blacked-out matte accents. The VR Custom bumpers speak to the performance this behemoth possesses. Velocity has brought his Scout into the modern day with simple upgrades like dual wipers, JW Speaker LED headlights, and a matte black hardtop to go with it.
Underpinning this flagship Scout build is a custom 4-link engineered suspension and Currie front and rear axles. It can tackle tough terrain as easy as paved roads with AFCO coilovers and sway bars to keep all four wheels on terra firma. Making sure you come to a stop when you need to, you’ll find hydroboost-assisted Wilwood disc brakes behind each of the Black Grid wheels. One twist of the key brings a grin to any big kid’s face. The 430-hp LS3 roars from a dual performance exhaust, fed by our Velocity Exclusive stainless steel fuel tank. Producing those ponies is courtesy of a GM Performance EFI system, and it’s delivered through an Atlas transfer case and electronically-shifted 4-speed auto transmission.
The interior is a showstopper, to be sure. A six-point roll cage has integrated LED lights to showcase the hand-stitched red leather interior, even in the dark. The custom dash is inlaid with Dakota Digital gauges, a Rockford Fosgate touchscreen head unit, and billet AC vents to throw cool air from the Vintage Air system. No detail is overlooked, from heated and cooled seats on perforated leather surfaces, blacked out interior hardware, and a Tuffy center console with hidden compartment.
It’s custom builds like this ’66 Scout 800 that show off the passion and purpose that Velocity puts into everything they do.
|Engine||Gen IV GM 6.2 LS3 V8|
|Transmission||4-Speed Automatic Transmission|
|Chassis||VR Exclusive Frame built by Roadstershop|
- Gen IV GM 6.2 LS3 V8
- 4L70E Automatic Overdrive Transmission
- Velocity Exclusive Performance Exhaust
- Custom Glasurit Paint
- Blacked Out Trim
- Custom Black Wheels
- 285/70R17 BFGoodrich KO2
- JW Speaker LED Headlights
- All New Glass and Weather Seals
- 6 Point Roll Cage
- Custom Hardtop
- Blacked-Out Chrome Components
- Raptor Liner Undercarriage and Bed Liner
- Velocity Exclusive Steel Bumpers
- Velocity Custom Interior w/ High Back Front Seats with Rear Fold and Tumble
- Velocity Exclusive Dakota Digital Gauge
- Premium BT Digital Head Unit
- Kicker Sound System – 4 Speakers and Subwoofer
- Ididit Tilt Steering Column
- Midnight Edition Exclusive Steering Wheel
- Auto-dim Rear View Mirror
- Vintage Air A/C System
- VR Exclusive Frame built by Roadster Shop
- 4 Wheel Wilwood Disc Brakes
- Triangular 4 Link Rear Suspension
- Front and Rear Sway Bars
- Currie 44 Front Axle
- Currie 9" Rear Axle
- Velocity Exclusive Aluminum Fuel Tank