1978 International Scout Traveler
Where authenticity collides with artisanal customization, you’ll find this Velocity-built 1978 Scout.
It’s been radically changed throughout with premium materials and components, making it better-than-showroom new.
First impressions are everything, and this Scout doesn’t disappoint. The custom paint with overlaid painted stripe looks period correct, and the look flows perfectly into the two-tone custom hard top with hand-built roof rack. Even the gaskets are custom, 3D printed exactly for this build. From the three-piece custom billet wheels to JW Speaker LED headlights, Velocity’s passionate craftsmanship shines through.
Not to be overshadowed, the interior receives the royal treatment including a completely custom teak interior. The Velocity Custom interior has been fitted, as well as lowering the floor to add a third row. Precision-machined interior panels and a custom-wrapped headliner ramp up the appearance, and comfort is ensured with a fourth-gen Vintage Air climate system. Enjoy finishing touches including digital gauges, RetroSound head unit, and a rearview mirror that doubles as a backup camera.
When you turn the key, an LS3 V8 roars to life, spinning its 17-inch wheels with an automatic transmission. Along with Velocity Custom headers, an all-new drivetrain has been installed. For comfort and stability, the Velocity team installed rear self-leveling air suspension.
Premium builds like this aren’t just what we do at Velocity – it’s in our DNA. Discover this Scout for yourself or ask us about making the custom build of your dreams a reality.
|Engine||Gen IV GM 6.2 LS3 V8|
|Transmission||4-Speed Automatic Transmission|
|Chassis||Restored Original Frame|
- Gen IV GM 6.2 LS3 V8
- 4L70E Automatic Overdrive Transmission
- Velocity Exclusive Serpentine System
- Velocity Exclusive Performance Exhaust With MagnaFlow Mufflers
- Custom Glasurit Paint
- Painted Stripes
- One-Off Custom 3 Piece Billet Wheels
- 265/70R17 BFGoodrich T/A Tires
- JW Speaker LED Headlights
- All New Glass and Weather Seals
- 6-Point Color Matched Roll Cage
- Custom Hardtop
- Raptor Liner Undercarriage and Bed Liner
- Painted OEM Bumpers
- Velocity Custom Interior w/ Third Row Seating
- Teak Flooring
- Velocity Exclusive Dakota Digital Gauge
- RetroSound Digital Head Unit
- Kicker Sound System – 4 Speakers and Subwoofer
- Ididit Tilt Steering Column
- Classic Wood Steering Wheel
- Auto-dim Rear View Mirror
- Interior Billet Components
- Restored Original Frame
- 4 Wheel Wilwood Disc Brakes
- Hydroboost Assisted Braking
- 2.5” Suspension Lift
- Front and Rear Sway Bars
- Dana 44 Front Axle
- Ford 9” Rear Axle
- Velocity Exclusive Aluminum Fuel Tank